Friday, October 01, 2004


We are in Hong Kong, Asia's World City. This is where Western culture collides with the far East. You can find U.S. Investment Banks (I can't get away from them) right next to Buddhist and Taoist monastaries dedicated to the god of farming. At 6'1" and 160 pounds I never thought of myself as the slow, clumsy, sweaty American that has a physically imposing stature - but I find myself a good 8 inches above the median here (little did these people know I played golf and not football). Even Jennifer's stature beckons respect in this city. We are here visiting Clare a foreign exchange student that stayed with Jennifer in high school. Her family has been incredibly gracious and has offered hospitality that far surpasses anything in the states. Fortunately they have interpreted all of the menus, shown us all the sites, and not told us we were eating chicken feet or goose heads until after we had eaten them (they don't really have sweet and sour chicken here).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home